POSITION: Lead Pastor
Location: 147 Elgin St. North, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
Starting Date: Summer 2024 Type of position: Full time Hours (40h/week)
Cambridge Vineyard Christian Fellowship, located in Cambridge, Ontario, is a church that has a very active and impactful role in the community. Worship and compassion are important to us.
We are seeking a Lead Pastor to lead our church family in living out our core beliefs and values as reflected in our association with Vineyard Canada and as reflected in Isaiah 61.
Our church family consists of people of all ages and life experiences. Much of our family has been involved with the Vineyard for more than 10 years. As a body, we have a dedicated volunteer group who help serve our Urban Hope family, lead small groups, support children and youth ministries, women’s ministry and various other activities that involve both our church family and the community surrounding our location. We have a long-standing partnership with Alison Neighbourhood Community Center and work together in leading community initiatives. We also support members of our church family who are serving internationally as missionaries.
Our current staff consists of a Lead Pastor (retiring after 20+ years), as well as a full-time Associate Pastor, part-time Administrator, Maintenance/Groundskeeper, and a part-time Media/Communications Coordinator.
The Oaks Early Learning Childcare and Urban Hope are two additional ministries on site that embody our values and live out the mission of the Kingdom. These organizations lead significant outreach efforts that allow Cambridge Vineyard to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. By offering respect and dignity, healing and hope to those on the fringes of our society, we create relationships with many people who are seeking a place to belong. Both ministries are integral to who we are, and operate with their own independent leadership and staff. They benefit from the oversight of the Lead Pastor, Associate Pastor and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES: The successful candidate will be one who practices these qualities:
- Leadership by example that actively recognizes, equips and releases others to collaborate and use their gifts for the Kingdom (“everybody gets to play”)
- Passion to engage and create relationships with those in our church, our neighbourhood and our city
- Able to hear and share what the Spirit of God is saying in the moment
- Disciplined to connect regularly with God in prayer
- An articulate leader who practices two-way communication between leadership and church family
- Believes wholeheartedly in the theology and values of Vineyard Canada.
- Must be a life-long learner, living a disciplined life of being empowered by the Holy Spirit. Formal theological education is not required but is an asset
- Pastoral experience in a Vineyard Church is preferred; experience in a Lead pastor or Associate role is an asset. If no Vineyard experience has taken place, an experiential understanding of Vineyard values is vital.
SCOPE OF MINISTRY: (A more detailed job description will be available to candidates moving forward)
- Provide collaborative leadership in our corporate worship
- Form relationships with church family members and members of the community
- General pastoral duties as the Spiritual Leader to the church family
- Develop & maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Provide pastoral and organizational leadership to the staff and leadership team to meet the needs of the Cambridge Vineyard family
- Provide vision and oversight in the identification and discipling of leaders within the church family
All are welcome to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The transition team will invite applicants that they discern as possibly meeting our needs to begin a more involved interview process.